Thursday, March 6, 2008

Gratitude, Gasoline, Gluten, Gardening, Growing


Gee oh Gee, the letter G! And what else but a Traffic Light Tree (see the photo)!
I am very grateful right now, I really feel open, peaceful, and dare I say--even a bit joyful???
I practice gratitude a lot, write in a Gratitude Journal, and intend every day to remain in gratitude. Though sometimes I need a reminder...
I had one such reminder the other day when I was getting frustrated driving. I kept hitting red lights, making wrong turns, etc. I didn't feel well and just wanted to get home. I was feeling like I was wasting gas and I was getting mad at myself. So I turned down a side street to avoid some lights and had to slow down for a blind man crossing the road. I realized that I needed to slow down and just feel good about ever darn thing I've got. I got it. I was meant to take that turn, to remind me that I am blessed to just be alive and thriving. To be able to use all of my senses. To have choices. To have the ability to drive. To afford to drive a fuel efficient car. To have freedom to move around the area I live in. I was very grateful for the reminder.
I've been eating a gluten-free diet lately, having had some digestion issues (I wont' go into details) but I feel a little better as a result. I just asked my body what was wrong and I was reminded that I dont' feel as good when I eat lots of wheat things. So I stopped. For now.
I've been working in my garden and it has been so amazingly grounding (literally, huh?). I get what Eckhart Tolle says about flowers, there is such beauty and stillness in every wee bud and blossom. Now if I just didn't get spring allergies!
So, here I am, growing and learning day by day, doing my best, making adjustments, and finding reminders along the way. Reminders like the stop lights, getting indigestion, or the nudges to slow down and smell the flowers (I like that kind the best). :-)

No comments: