Tuesday, February 12, 2008

39......................!!!!!!

YAY ME!!!

I don't know why, but I am really excited about being 39! I am not sure that I am looking forward to 40, but that is why I have started this Blog, to get a head start being happy that I'm nearly 4 decades old. It is a funny thing, time, it does seem to speed up as you get older, makes us more anxious as the years fly past, but I am not going to be one of those women who is ruled by the number of candles on her cake. Though I have to say, I can't believe its been 18 years since I turned 21! Now THAT is a scary thought!!

But enough of that sort of thinking...

I feel that this is the time in my life to make a stand for my future, and my NOW. I've spent way too much time living in the past and living only for the elusive future (which never really comes, if you think about it...we are always in the NOW. Yeah, yeah, I've just read Eckhart Tolle's book "The Power of Now." Makes ya think!

A wise woman (Christiane Northrup) said that entering middle age is not the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning! I love that! You know, I actually feel that I will become a real "grown up" this year of my life, leaving those childish attitudes behind me once and for all. Hallelujah! I feel a shift in the energy that is me.

No comments: